We have had a crazy last few days. Sunday afternoon I started feeling a little funny. I didn't feel bad just different. Around 10 Lucas went to sleep and we went to bed. I told Justin I thought something was going on but for him to go on to sleep. I had just dosed off when I felt some a change. I got up and my water broke. I woke Justin up and he (still asleep) asked me if I was for sure. I told him we had to go. So we rounded up a few things, got Lucas out of the bed, dropped him off by Steve and Sylvia's and headed off. Justin was driving a little fast on the way over and a cop stopped us at Kingsville. Justin told him what was going on and he let us go. We finally made it to the hospital and the fun began. After many hours of labor. We welcomed Shelby Raye Norris into the family.
She is beautiful. She weighed 6 pounds 1 ounce and was 19 3/4 inches long. She is currently in the NICU with oxygen and fluids. She is doing really good to be early. Today they increased her feeding from 7 cc to 14 cc. The doctors and nurses have all been really good to us and Shelby. We can go see her when ever we want to so that make us feel better.
I am doing great. I didn't hardly hurt at all during labor and haven't hurt much since. It is hard to believe but it wasn't much to the delivery this time. I pushed one time and we got a pretty little girl.
I am glad it is all over and will be really glad to get her home. It was hard to leave her today but I know she is much better off there than here. She shouldn't have to stay to long.
1 comment:
Beautiful post. I love your words and the pictures. So sweet!
Post a Comment